[Hidden-tech] hard drive issue

Mark Kurber mkurber22 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:41:29 EST 2015

Hi folks,

I have a 6 year old Dell running Windows XP Pro.  I'm not able to get past
the start-up screen (Dell logo, press F2 or F12 and nothing happens).  I
have stuff on that hard drive I need.  I've built computers in the past so
I've played around to a degree inside the guts of various machines.  My
question: can I unplug that hard drive and somehow house it in an external
box, or the like, then access the files I need through a USB cable
connection?  Is there a simple solution I'm missing or, in fact, do I have
a more serious dilemma to address?

Thanks, in advance.  I'm a quasi-geek at best.

Best regards, *Mark H. Kurber*
c: 413-441-5101
e: mkurber22 at gmail.com