[Hidden-tech] monetizing Wordpress

Dan Richardson (t) tech at nottooloud.com
Tue Jan 6 13:34:32 EST 2015

ECWID is interesting. Looks friendly. They price by the number of
products, though, and she's already got well over 1500 drawings. That
puts her at $30/month headed toward $100/month.

Misiek PayPal looks perfect, but on the WordPress plug-ins page there's
an autowarning that it hasn't been updated in a long time and may not
work. It's support forum has one question. "How do I make this work with
the current Wordpress?" It's unanswered.

EasyPayPal also looks friendly, but sounds like it's geared for downloads.

Nice PayPal Button looks perfect, but he hasn't tested it with Wordpress
4. I just spent an hour trying to figure out what version she's running.
That information appears to be not available. Not in the page source,
not at the bottom of Dashboard, and there is no "Right Now" widget. The
online version checkers don't work. Nor does the Firefox plugin.

Sigh. I hate computers.

Dan