[Hidden-tech] Lenovo pre-installed adware

Jan Werner jwerner at jwdp.com
Thu Feb 19 12:10:36 EST 2015

It appears that Lenovo has been pre-loading their consumer oriented
laptops with adware that intercepts browser searches and subtitutes
other sites.

As I indicated a few days ago, I really like Lenovo hardware, but this
news about the company's practices means that I will no longer recommend
them, or most likely buy anything directly from them.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/19/superfish_lenovo_spyware/

I would still buy Lenovo computers refurbished by IBM, since those are
pre-loaded with IBM's certified Windows images and free of bloatware.

Jan Werner