[Hidden-tech] Drive for Uber? Or ride with them?

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Wed Aug 19 09:17:06 EDT 2015

I decided last night to look up Uber's ins policy this AM.

To do so lead me thru Uber's blog page onto another more up-to-date page,
and to the policy for Massachusetts.

I never, ever, claim to know how to read these things, but what I do see is
interesting:

Looks like the limits for one accident are 50K bodily injury per person,
100K per accident, and 25K property damage.

The insured is Raiser, LLC. Earlier in all this I believe Raiser, LLC is a
subsidiary of Uber. Non-owned autos are insured.

Download the pdf for Mass:

http://newsroom.uber.com/2015/01/certificates-of-insurance-u-s-ridesharing/

I also found that they claim 19 bucks & change an hour income. Wonder if
that includes wear & tear on the car? Plus all the added taxes, etc.

Jim Ussailis

My only comment is you might forgo Uber driving near Smith College during
Homecomming. That scratch you put on a Rolls or Bentley might be costly.

mail2web.com  Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft