[Hidden-tech] When Crocker doesn't like outgoing email address...?

Ed Bride Ed at edbride-pr.com
Tue Mar 25 16:07:22 EDT 2014

Thanks, Matthew!

Ed

From: Matthew S. Crocker [mailto:matthew at corp.crocker.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:10 PM
To: Jeff Brand
Cc: Ed Bride; HiddenTech
Subject: Re: [Hidden-tech] When Crocker doesn't like outgoing email address...?

Thanks Jeff

I have forwarded Eds message to Henry in my support department.

On Mar 25, 2014, at 1:56 PM, Jeff Brand <jeff at deltafactory.com> wrote:

  ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
  ** If you did, we all thank you.

Hi Ed,

It looks like berkshirejazz.org is using a IP blacklisting service that has flagged the crocker.com server. Using the quick blacklist checking utility at http://www.dnsbl.info/ I saw that the list maintained by http://www.wpbl.info/ had that IP (161.77.48.8) on it.

I submitted a request for removal since it was just a button click.. If that was in fact the source that berkshirejazz.org used then it should clear up within a couple hours. However, the IP address may be flagged elsewhere.

While 4 messages isn't a lot of spam (and who knows what the criteria for that definition really are in that blacklist's case) I would bring it to the attention of the system administrators of crocker.com so that they're aware.

 - Jeff