[Hidden-tech] Nook Connection Woes

anderson at crocker.com anderson at crocker.com
Thu Mar 13 09:00:12 EDT 2014

Are there any Nook users on the list? I'm trying to help a neighbor
set up her Nook to work with her wi-fi system. Everything looks
correct - I scroll to the correct network in the list that shows up,
and enter the proper password. It doesn't connect, and suggests I may
have typed the wrong password. But my Windows 7 laptop next to it
connects just fine.

All I can think is that there may be a hidden capslock key that's
making caps out of what I type in for the password. It's a WPA-PSK
authentication, if that makes any difference.

I know little about the Nook. Thanks for any help you can offer,
Dave Anderson