[Hidden-tech] Wanted: website assistance for small-business client

Richard Danek rcdanek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 08:50:08 EDT 2014

Why a CMS system?

If you are planning on implementing a blog-like experience (where there are
many updates and, over time, you can give people the option to search and
display posts in meaningful ways, the CMS is wonderful.

If you simply want to take over control of your site (because someone else
is doing this for you and it's no longer convenient having them do it, then
something like a WYSIWG editor may be far easier. (The free SeaMonkey is my
favorite for this kind of thing.)

Trying to convert your existing look and feel to a CMS system can sometimes
be a real pain. Finding an existing theme? ...easier, with minimal tweaking
to get it to do what you want.it to do. What's really nice about canned
themes is that you can change them over time to freshen up your site.
Trying to do something like that, keeping your old style? ...not so much.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

>    ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>
> .
.
.

> > My website www.zanekotker.com was made half a dozen years ago and does
> not
> > have a content management system. I´d like to transfer everything in my
> > current site to a Wordpress or similar system that I could manage and
> update
> > myself. I´m curious has to how much I should expect to pay for the
> transfer
> > and for the instruction in updating. Thanks for any information you can
> give
> > me.
> > I'd also love it if I could keep the same design and not change into
> > Wordpress Themes but I gather this isn't possible. Correct?

.
.
.