[Hidden-tech] Are there ANY Mac-friendly Eudora-like hard drive email clients out there?

Shel Horowitz, Ethical/Green Marketing Expert shel at principledprofit.com
Sun Jan 12 10:04:36 EST 2014

I'm so frustrated with Eudora (again). It crashes constantly,
displays some messages and links very poorly, it won't even run on my
Mac OS 10.8 laptop, and when it crashes, it sometimes wipes out large
numbers of messages--but I haven't found anything that can do what
Eudora can.

I want to be able to:

Respond to multiple messages at once that are not necessarily in the
same thread
Use an unlimited number of templates and signatures
Support multiple e-addresses
Have multiple messages open at once
Edit incoming messages, or at least change the subject line
Sort into a large number of mailboxes and folders (folders have
multiple mailboxes)
Archive unlimited amounts of email and search it instantly even going
back 10 or 15 years
Create address lists of multiple recipients and treat them like
single addresses (type the first few letters of the nickname and get
all the addresses ready to send)
Sort incoming mail by any attribute (sender, date, subject line)
and/or group all those sharing the same information in any attribute
(such as all those with the same subject line) with one click
Store a pending message to send later

All of which Eudora does easily since at least the mid-1990s, at
least when it's working.

I'd also like to:
Display HTML email in proper readable fashion
Click embedded links that are use anchor text instead of the actual URL
NOT crash arbitrarily when e.g. moving several pieces of mail to
certain mailboxes
None of which Eudora does well. Right now, I have to go find the
message in GMail to do the second or third.

I'm guessing it will need to be a program that brings the mail onto
my hard drive rather than shows it to me on the cloud.

And I'm hoping it will not only run on both my OS 10.5 desktop and my
OS 10.8 laptop but also smoothly import old the old email, address
book, and templates from Eudora.

--> Please DO NOT suggest gmail. I find gmail very limited in its
capabilities around search and around template documents, and slower
than a snail.

Shel Horowitz - Green Business Profitability Expert
Helping you find the value in your values since 1981 - because
Green isn't just good for the planet--it's *great* for your bottom line

Contact me to reach Green, socially conscious consumers with
marketing that has THEM calling YOU"

Twitter: @shelhorowitz

* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame

http://greenandprofitable.com/ http://guerrillamarketinggoesgreen.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com * 413-586-2388
Latest award-winning, best-selling (8th) book:
Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)