[Hidden-tech] Job: Graphic Designer

Steve Angel steve at communicatehealth.com
Thu Sep 26 12:09:12 EDT 2013

Job Posting: Graphic Designer (Full Time)

CommunicateHealth, Inc. is looking for a Web-savvy graphic designer to join our innovative team.

This Is Us
CommunicateHealth, Inc. is a health education and communication firm specializing in improving health literacy through user-centered design, policy, research, and content development. At CommunicateHealth, we believe people deserve clear information about their health. This doesn't mean using short words and lots of pictures - it means making sure the information and services our clients provide can be accessed, understood, and used by the people who need them most. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com<http://www.communicatehealth.com>.

This is You
We are looking for a motivated Graphic Designer with a strong interest in visual communication and public health. As a designer, you are comfortable developing material that is conversational, professional, understandable, accessible, and actionable. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback on content, and have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.

Required Skills and Qualifications

*   BA in graphic design or related field

*   Minimum 4 years professional experience

*   Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite

*   Familiarity and willingness to work in Microsoft Office Suite

*   Experience in website design and maintenance, including but not limited to wireframes, visual design mockups, and familiarity with basic front-end coding (CSS3, HTML5)

*   Excellent communication skills

*   Strong attention to detail

Preferred Skills and Qualifications

*   An eye for typography, and drawing/illustration skills

*   Familiar with federal usability standards and best practices

*   Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills

*   Experience working with writers, editors, researchers, and web developers

*   Familiar with entire web site development lifecycle and documentation

*   Experience with user-centered design process

*   Familiar with public health, health education, and health communication fields

Please send cover letter, resume and link to online portfolio (or 5 samples of your work) to jobs at communicatehealth.com<mailto:jobs at communicatehealth.com> by October 18th

We offer highly competitive salaries and benefits based on experience.

This position will be based out of our office in Northampton, Massachusetts or Rockville, Maryland.

CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.

As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/<http://www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/>. No personnel selections are made based on this information.

Posted September 26, 2013