[Hidden-tech] JOB: ASP.NET Developer

Mindy Gruba mindy at communicatehealth.com
Fri Sep 20 11:31:25 EDT 2013

Job Posting: ASP.NET Developer
(Full-Time Position in Northampton, MA or Rockville, MD)

This Is Us

CommunicateHealth, Inc. is a health education and communication firm specializing in improving health literacy on the Web. At CommunicateHealth, we believe people deserve clear information about their health. This doesn't mean using little words and lots of pictures. It means making sure the information and services our clients provide can be accessed, understood, and used by the people who need it most. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com<http://www.communicatehealth.com>.

We offer highly competitive salaries and excellent benefits, but are only looking for a full-time hire on location in Northampton, MA, or Rockville, MD.

Responsibilities:

·       Developing innovative, reusable, and interactive web-based tools, mobile apps, and consumer websites

·       Consulting and providing guidance on outside development projects for clients from federal and state government as well as private companies and non-profits

·       Working closely with our team of designers on in-house deliverables

·       Communicating recommendations and requirements clearly, both with non-technical clients and with technical partners

·       Determining appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients and project managers

·       More as the position grows!

Required:

·       BA in computer science or related field

·       Minimum 5 years professional experience

·       Intimate knowledge of ASP.NET, SQL Server and strong experience with the entire Microsoft development and server stacks

·       Ability to work independently and effectively with non-technical co-workers and clients

·       Excellent communication skills

·       Strong attention to detail

Preferred:

·       Familiarity with federal usability standards and best practices including Section 508 guidelines

·       Experience working with government clients

·       Experience developing cross-platform mobile applications

·       Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills

·       Experience working with writers, editors, and web designers

·       Familiarity with entire web site development lifecycle and documentation

·       Experience with user-centered design process

·       Familiarity with public health, health education, and health communication fields

Please send cover letter and resume to jobs at communicatehealth.com<mailto:jobs at communicatehealth.com>. We will request code samples if and when we set up an interview.

CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.

As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/<http://www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/>. No personnel selections are made based on this information.

Position open until filled.

Posted September 20, 2013