[Hidden-tech] Tech Tax is gone

Foster, Scott sfoster at bulkley.com
Thu Sep 12 21:32:09 EDT 2013

In case you hadn't heard, the tech tax will be repealed shortly.  I had the pleasure of joining fellow members of the Spark Coalition at Beacon Hill today.  The meeting was originally scheduled when we thought we were all facing an uphill battle.  Instead the meeting was a bit celebratory but really focused on "what's next?"

It sounds like DOR will extend the deadline for submitting any collected taxes into October so no one will need to actually remit any funds to them.  So, while we are all living in a bit of limbo until the ink is dry on the repeal, it looks like the parties involved are serious about eliminating any further impact on tech companies.

If you have a chance, still sign up at www.sparkcoalition.org and join the organization that will be the voice of technologists and tech companies in the future.  #techtax #neveragain

Scott W. Foster
413-272-6258

Sent from my iPhone

To comply with U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this e-mail, including attachments, unless expressly stated otherwise, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matter(s) addressed herein.

This e-mail communication, including all attachments to it, contains information from the law firm of Bulkley, Richardson and Gelinas, LLP that may be confidential and privileged.  This information is intended only for the use of the listed recipient(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment thereto.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.