[Hidden-tech] Crazy Facebook behavior/another permissions issue

Shel Horowitz, Ethical/Green Marketing Expert shel at principledprofit.com
Mon Sep 2 12:26:37 EDT 2013

Thanks for all the help this week. I know I've been asking a lot
lately. I need to ask about two more technical weirdities.

1) This morning, i wrote a letter to the Gazette that cited my most
recent blog post. When I attempted to paste the letter from Eudora
into Facebook, I got

Could Not Post to Timeline
The privacy settings for this attachment prevent you from posting it
to this Timeline.

At first I thought it was something with my blog, so I tried
modifying and eventually deleting the link. No go. So then I thought
maybe it was something about Eudora--yeah, I know, there are only
five users left on the planet--so I copied the letter into a text
editor, recopied and pasted to FB. That worked. I was even able to
paste the full URL into a comment on that post.

But then Dina tried to share something with me that one of her
friends had posted, from my computer but in a different browser
(Safari, and I use Chrome--we can't use Firefox with FB because it
opens a gazillion windows and generates lots of error messages)--and
she got the same error message.

2. Meanwhile, I have a personal link shortener on shelhorowitz.com,
and since the blog filename (
http://greenandprofitable.com/chemical-weapons-and-propaganda-ap-reporter-is-misguided-cheerleader-for-war-against-syria/
) is wicked long, I wanted to shorten it before sending my
letter--but even though I was on the site over the weekend, which is
after Hostagator migrated it to a new server, and even though I'm
able to access e-mail through the server panel, the wp-admin login
page didn't recognize my PW. I used the shortener built into
Hootsuite instead, but would have liked to use one at my own domain.

Shel Horowitz
Marketing consultant/copywriter, author, speaker, book shepherd
Affordable, ethical, effective marketing materials and strategies
"Reach Green, socially conscious consumers with
marketing that has THEM calling YOU"

Twitter: @shelhorowitz

* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame

http://greenandprofitable.com/ http://guerrillamarketinggoesgreen.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com * 413-586-2388
Award-winning author of eight books. Latest:
Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)
Blog on Green Marketing/Ethics/Politics:
http://greenandprofitable.com/shels-blog/