[Hidden-tech] Windows 95..... really!!!

Joel Mollison Joel at NortheastIT.net
Tue Oct 22 17:15:54 EDT 2013

Steven,

Are you working with the original Windows 95 box or are you using some type of virtualization?  My immediate thought is Hard Drive/RAM limitations.

I think Windows 95 limits on RAM are 512MB and Hard Drive 4GB without extra software to modify the partitions (It has been quite a while).

My immediate thoughts were (one of those two is too large)
If you are using the original hardware the installation may not have installed correctly - did you extract all the cab files to C:\windows\options\cabs and then run setup from there from the dos prompt?
Non-compatible hardware (add-on cards) - remove
It is possible that your install failed (corrupt files / bad ram) - try installing with one stick only
Hard drive might be completely shot (files are not readable).
Was this a standard Windows 95 OEM CD you are using or one that was from a specific vendor? Does it match the hardware you are using now?

I'm  not sure how much of this is relevant to you or not.  Hope this might help.

Joel Mollison
President
777B Riverdale Street
West Springfield, MA 01089
Office: 413-527-8090 x102
Mobile: 413-695-6007

ATTENTION: WE HAVE MOVED TO SERVE YOU BETTER!

Our New Address Is:
777B Riverdale Street
West Springfield, MA 01089

We hope to see you in our new location!