[Hidden-tech] old voice mails

Gyepi SAM gyepi-hidden-tec at praxis-sw.com
Fri Nov 29 04:02:08 EST 2013

Hi Diana,

Rather than playing and recording the messages, how about just downloading
the messages from Comcast to your computer?

It's been a few years since I used Comcast voice but I recall that their
voice mail interface (it's a tab on the Comcast web mail UI) had the
option to download or play messages (one at a time, of course).

This part may be conjecture due to imperfect memory, but I also recall an
option to forward the voicemail by email. However, I don't know whether this
sends the actual file or a link or whether you can select multiple voicemails at once.

I recommend logging into your Comcast email account with a web browser to review the
available options.

BTW, there's also an option to have incoming voicemails forwarded to your
Comcast email account. If you configure your email program to fetch from that
account as well, your voicemails will then appear as emails with a wav file
attachment. I used this feature to centralize messaging into email.

-Gyepi