[Hidden-tech] WPress Hosting

Town Websites townwebsites at gmail.com
Wed May 29 23:30:51 EDT 2013

Digital Ocean looks interesting as a low cost VPS with SSD.   Have to wonder
if they're stable enough to trust with client's websites, though, as a new
company with much lower pricing compared with something tried and true like
Linode.

Have to say, my speed test to Linode in NY area did 100mb a lot faster than
the Digital Ocean speed test, and pings were a lot better on the Linode and
another vendor's VPS in the same area than to Digital Ocean.

How long have you been on Digital Ocean?  It looks like they have only been
around for 8 months or so.  The CEO got a Forbes interview, so I guess he's
got something going for him, but maybe not enough right now to look closer.

Thanks for any further insights.

Charlie