[Hidden-tech] Move to an accountant?

Ted Trobaugh ftrobaugh at gmail.com
Fri May 24 17:55:30 EDT 2013

Hey all,

As my business becomes a bit bigger and more complicated, I am finding
myself thinking about moving to an accountant.  Up to now, while my records
are pretty detailed and clear, they are not double-entry.

I spent the last hour contemplating moving everything into Gnucash, and I
thought, "Is this really the best way to spend my time?"

So that's the context.  My questions are these:

1) When you use an accountant, who physically writes the checks to pay your
bills?  You or the accountant?
2) If you write the checks, who records them in the ledger?  You or the
accountant?
3) Do you meet with your accountant weekly, monthly, quarterly?
4) What are the names of accounts that people recommend?

Thanks.

--
Ted Trobaugh
Dolce Music and Audio