[Hidden-tech] Recommendations for programmer to write code for an online calculator?

Tim Boudreau niftiness at gmail.com
Thu May 9 21:58:04 EDT 2013

Hi, Lynn,

I could do it, and it sounds like it's only a couple of hours of work for
the back-end piece.  I would write it as a tiny standalone server in either
Java or server-side javascript (not the same as javascript in the browser).
 Assuming they're running Apache or NginX or some similar web server, it's
easy to add configure it up so that that forwards one URL to the other
server.

I assume they're aware that even with the source code hidden away, someone
could easily reverse-engineer their algorithm by feeding it a bunch of
input values and observing the results - the same way kids learn to solve
equations in grade school.

Any idea what the back end for the rest of their site is?

Thanks,

Tim
http://timboudreau.com