[Hidden-tech] Recommendations for programmer to write code for an online calculator?

Lynn Nichols lynn at starstruckdesign.com
Thu May 9 09:53:35 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I have a client that has an online calculator... it figures out the
amount of silica gel that's needed to work with their product. You input
a bunch of data, it calculates and returns the answer. When I first was
asked to have the code written for this, the client didn't specify that
the code was "top secret" so it was written in javascript. However, now
they have decided that they would like the code hidden and there's
obviously no way to do this with javascript.

And since they want to sell the calculator code to their distributors,
we'll be getting a new domain and hosting it separately from their website.

I'm talking to one coder who suggests doing it in Python using CGI and
an Ajax call, but I'm open to other suggestions... is this something
that can be written in PHP? Another language?

Is there anyone out there in HT land who would be perfect for this job?

Lynn

--
Lynn A. Nichols, Starstruck Design
http://www.starstruckdesign.com