[Hidden-tech] Looking for a Segway - June 8th Event

Matthias, Ted tmatthias at williston.com
Tue Mar 5 16:56:05 EST 2013

I'm taking a shot in the dark here with this request, but I'm looking to borrow/rent a Segway for the day of June 8th, 2013. I am an experienced Segway rider and am willing to sign any waivers that would be necessary. I don't care which model (i2, x2, older models), just that it is in good working order and able to be used across our campus at its lower speed for a couple of hours.

June 8th begins our Alumni Weekend at Williston, and our Robotics Team will be doing a presentation about Educational Robotics; specifically, Dean Kamen's FIRST Tech Challenge<http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/ftc> robotics league and Williston's success in the Massachusetts Tournaments. Since Dean Kamen invented the Segway, I thought that riding one into the presentation would be a good way to start things off.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ted Matthias
Computer Science Teacher
Student Council Advisor
Coach, FTC Robotics Team #3157
The Williston Northampton School
19 Payson Avenue
Easthampton, MA  01027
(413) 529-3334
www.williston.com<http://www.williston.com>

The Williston Northampton School inspires students to live with purpose, passion, and integrity.