[Hidden-tech] Headlines WordPress theme question

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Feb 28 10:23:47 EST 2013

At Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:51:08 -0500 Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

> At Thu, 28 Feb 2013 06:42:20 -0500 "Shel Horowitz, Ethical/Green Marketing Expert" 	<shel at principledprofit.com> wrote:
>

> >    ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
> >    ** If you did, we all thank you.
> >

> > After reading a recent column by listmate Marcia Yudkin, I realized
> > that my current blog version doesn't display my byline. It doesn't
> > even say "By Shel," let alone "By Shel Horowitz--Green/Ethical
> > Business Expert." (my user nickname).
> >
> > At least my name and picture are all over the blog page
> > (http://greenandprofitable.com/shels-blog/)
> >
> > Anyone know how to fix?
>
> Look in Settings -> General: what do you have for the "Site Title' and
> "Tagline" fields? Also, it might depend on your theme, so you might
> need to look at your theme settings / options and what its settings (if
> any) reguarding the dispaly of your Site Title and Tagline.

An additional thought: Some themes (Techozoic Fluid is one) have an
option like "Display Blog Title and Tagline in header", where you have
the option of uploading a logo/header image and the logo/header image
is presumed to include your Title *and* Tagline, thus making the
display of your Blog Title and Tagline redundent. Compare these two
WordPress sites: http://www.wendellfullmoon.org/ and
http://www.deepsoft.com/~heller/. Both sites use the same theme
(Techozoic Fluid), but one does not display the Blog Title and Tagline
in the header, since its header image already includes the Blog Title.
If this is the case, what you need to do is have a graphic artist add
in your tagline into your logo/header image, along with your blog's
title.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com