[Hidden-tech] FW: IT Sales Tax - Response from DOR

Don Lesser dlesser at ptraining.com
Fri Aug 23 13:22:16 EDT 2013

I agree that they do not seem to understand the question. The response seems
to say that if you enter a column of numbers in Excel and hit AutoSum, it is
not taxable. If you pay me to hit AutoSum, it is taxable. You can certainly
feel free to call them, but only their written responses will "count" if
there is a question. Still, I'd love to hear what you find out.

Information Resources from DOR:
1.	The DOR website offers a special section dedicated to information on
the recent tax changes at www.mass.gov/dor/newtaxinfo including a letter and
video from the Commissioner.

2.	The new Technical Information Release provides further guidance on
what is, and what is not, taxable.

3.	A detailed set of FAQs provides both general and detailed guidance.

4.	Comments on the working draft of the new TIR, and any other comments
or suggestions on the computer software tax, should be submitted to
rulesandregs at dor.state.ma.

5.	Customer service can be reached at 617-887-6367 or in MA only at
800-392-6089.

Don Lesser
Pioneer Training, Inc.
139B Damon Road, Ste 8