[Hidden-tech] FW: IT Sales Tax - Response from DOR

Reva Reck reva at revareck.com
Fri Aug 23 11:38:10 EDT 2013

Thanks for providing this info. You raise some important points.

It seems obvious  to me from this response that DOR does not understand your
question. Or maybe I don't. I don't think you are customizing the Office
software in the sense of writing add-ins or changing the code of this
software. You are using it as a tool for creating custom reports and
databases. You cannot do any form of custom software "programming" without
using tools. Whether these are low-level 3rd generation languages like Basic
or C++, or more sophistaicated DB tools like Access, seems irrelevant to me.

However, I think the only way to really clarify this is to have an actual
phone conversation with them rather than emailing back and forth. This will
allow you to explain what you are doing in more detail than is possible in
an email. If you don't plan to do this, I think I will. Please let me know.

Thanks, Reva

Reva Reck
Reva at RevaReck.com