[Hidden-tech] High quality audio/video components for group video conferencing

Charles Strader (Gaia Host) charles at gaiahost.coop
Mon Apr 29 14:46:07 EDT 2013

Hi not so hidden techies,

I'm looking for recommendations for high definition audio and video components,
along with best quality software (if not skype or google hangout), for doing
group conferencing (groups of people of each end).

With a geographically distributed workforce Gaia Host relies heavily on group
video/audio conferencing for our regular meetings and connecting during daily
work flow.  We regularly use both skype and google-hangout and are experimenting
with other VOIP based video conferencing software.  We have access to the
bandwidth we need to do high definition.

Our goal is to replace our twice yearly in-person retreats, that require the
environmental impact of travel, with high quality video conference meetings that
are glitch free.

Thanks,

Charles

--
Charles Strader
1-800-672-8060 x803
charles at gaiahost.coop

Gaia Host Collective LLC
http://www.gaiahost.coop

Reliable Internet Hosting services from a
worker-owned cooperative dedicated to
environmental and social sustainability.

general support email: support at gaiahost.coop
urgent support issues: 1-800-672-8060 x0