[Hidden-tech] iCould and mac.com email on Comcast

DAVID SPOUND dspound at mac.com
Sun Apr 21 22:14:44 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I use a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.3 and, among other things, MS Outlook 2011. My internet provider is Comcast.

Several weeks ago, I stopped being able to send email through my iCloud (mac.com, me.com) account. I can receive email sent to that address, and I can send (and receive) email through my other accounts such as gmail and my own hosted domain.

Because I have been busy and because I have other working email accounts through which I can send messages, I ignored this problem for a while. And in a pinch, I can send through the web interface (as I am doing with this message). But now I want to solve the problem in Outlook.

As best I can tell, I have the recommended SMTP settings. SSL. Port 587. I am not aware of changing any email settings on my Mac this year. Outgoing email from dspound at mac.com just stopped working.

Has anyone else had a problem recently with sending iCould/mac/me email through Comcast? Any solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David Spound
Valley Mindfulness
www.valleymindfulness.com