[Hidden-tech] Using Windows Photo Viewer for Keynote Presentation

James Triplett jm-hiddentech at vj8.net
Thu Apr 11 18:09:04 EDT 2013

On (11/04/13 06:07), Noel Ramos wrote:
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 06:07:42 -0400
> From: Noel Ramos <NoelRamos at InterMixx.com>
> To: HT-discuss <Hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net>
> Subject: [Hidden-tech] Using Windows Photo Viewer for Keynote Presentation
>
>    ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

> Hey Hidden-Techies,
>
> I am delivering a Keynote speech in your lovely commonwealth this weekend and I am wondering if I can present my slides using the basic Photo Viewer function of Windows OS.
>
> I'm a Mac guy mainly so I've never attempted using a PC laptop this way myself. It seems to work great, just hit space to pause, right arrow to advance...
>
> Think it will translate nicely to the big screen?

I help people give presentations on Windows machines all the time.
No reason it shouldn't work fine.   All you need is a folder full
of pictures.  The only issue is how it will sort them for presentation.
To be dead certain of having them show up in the right order-
you could give the pix names like 1xxx.jpg, 2xxx.jpg, etc...

(as another HTer pointed out, it's always good to have a PDF as a fallback;
but a PDF full of a lot of images will end up huge- and that can create it's
own problems)

If you'll have access to the Internet where you're presenting, you might
consider one of the many online apps, such as Google Docs Presentations.
Since they're cross-platform, you could use your Mac to setup the presentation
and get it sequenced the way you want; then you could show the presentation
on the PC that is provided for your presentation.

good luck,

James