[Hidden-tech] Using Windows Photo Viewer for Keynote Presentation

Noel Ramos NoelRamos at intermixx.com
Thu Apr 11 17:51:26 EDT 2013

On Apr 11, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Tim Boudreau wrote:
> I don't know the answer about Windows photo viewer (though it sounds unlikely to work)

Not sure why you feel it's "unlikely to work" when it's almost exactly the same as viewing a PDF in Windows.

> No matter what else you do, have a PDF as a fallback - it's more likely than anything else to look reasonable and work on any platform.  And make sure it includes the fonts used in your presentation.

 The slides were all created in Photoshop and saved as jpegs, and they are named numerically. The fonts won't be an issue.

The best thing about Photo Viewer is that no controls show up onscreen as you play, or pause the slide show. It will make for a nice clean presentation up on the big screen.

I see no significant difference between running the jpegs as a slide show, or running a PDF fullscreen, in fact, it looks pretty much identical on my laptop either way.

> It won't have fancy transitions and such, but it will at least work.

Gotcha. Yah I don't need transitions. The platform is my personal laptop, plugged into a projection system, so if it works on my screen, it should work on the big screen.

Thanks for the feedback!

    Independent Music Conference®, Los Angeles - IMC/LA
                            http://www.IMC2013.com