[Hidden-tech] MA Grand Jury tales?

alhitch alhitch at comcast.net
Sat Sep 22 11:10:42 EDT 2012

Hello Hidden-Tech.

I'm looking for some info on the level of day-to-day activity on a MA Grand
Jury.
I'd appreciate offline responses with experiences you wish to relate.
If you'd like to see the responses I receive, contact me offline and I'll
forward them along to you.

For those interested in continuing on with this topic, please pick up below
And to the rest of you, thanks for participating in the Hidden-Tech
knowledge exchange.

Alan Hitchcock
Hitchcock Staffing and Recruiting
alhitch at comcast.net
413.531.6114

 . . .to those who've continued on, my thanks for your help.

I'm preparing to spend the 4th quarter in the custody of the Hampden County
Court.   Oooops, better re-phrase that.....
I report for up to 90 days of Grand Jury duty on October 1st.
On Day 1, there's a 62% chance I won't be one of the 23 impaneled and can
return to my business.

But to prepare for the possibility of being impaneled and trying to keep my
business up-to-speed, I'm interested in hearing your experiences.
While my service will be in Hampden County, info on Hampshire, Franklin or
Berkshire will also help.

My biggest concerns are:
    - percentage of days on-site vs days off after the daily call-in?
    - percentage of time active in the process while on-site vs 'downtime'
    - is there freedom to work with cell or computer during any on-site
downtime?
    - and anything else you can pass along to help me get a clue to the
average schedule.

If you'd rather take just a few minutes on the phone than typing something
up, just let me know of a good time for me to call.

My many thanks for your help.

Alan