[Hidden-tech] JOB: Technical Services Consultant, Westfield

Christian Lagier clagier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:22:10 EDT 2012

*We Are Rapidly Growing and Need Our Next Key Player: Technical Services
Consultant (Tech Support)*

EpiCenter, a 30 person ERP & IT consulting firm in Westfield, MA, seeks a
proactive, energetic Technical Services Consultant to be our internal tech
support guru. We are growing fast and need somebody that can grow with us.
We are looking for a candidate that has the skills and personality to grow
into a higher level position over time, including front line consulting
work with our customers.

Successful candidates will have experience with tech support in a Microsoft
based environment, as well as general hardware and software
troubleshooting.  Networking, SharePoint, .Net, Drupal, and ERP experience
a plus, but not required.  Ideal candidate will have a minimum of an
Associate’s degree or 2 to 4 years related IT experience.  This position
requires excellent interpersonal skills, sound written and oral
communication skills, and, most importantly: organized and well-structured
approach to work. Additionally, this position requires the ability to
multitask in a fast paced environment with ever changing priorities.

Based just off the Mass Turnpike in Westfield, this is a full time position
offering benefits and a salary commensurate with background and
qualifications. Telecommuting is not an option.  Excellent benefits
including full medical, dental, 401(k) matching, and more. If you have what
it takes to support our team and company growth, tell us about it in your
cover letter/email including your vision for the most important
characteristics of a tech support person.

Technical Services Consultant Tasks

Customer service and technical support to EpiCenter staff.
a. One-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone/VNC for remote
employees.
b. Diagnose and resolve end-user local printer problems, PC hardware and
software problems, e-mail, Internet, and LAN access problems.
Setup, configuration and administration
a. Installation and setup of new hardware and software.
b. Creation and management of user accounts (MS Exchange, Active Directory,
Epicor, ConnectWise, SharePoint, etc.)
Maintenance and repair
a. Perform routine maintenance on fleet of training and staff laptops.
b. Coordinate timely repair of computer equipment covered by third-party
vendor maintenance agreements.
c. Perform minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and
peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance
agreements
Continuous Improvement
a. Documentation of routine process and procedures, i.e. laptop setup,
software installations, printer setup, account creations.
b. Maintain a knowledge base of issues and their associated resolutions for
future reference.
c. Help improve our general use of technology, e.g. SharePoint, Outlook.
Other duties as assigned