[Hidden-tech] Requesting advice re: Dreamweaver alternative

Naaz Hosseini, MA, LP naaz at naazhosseini.com
Mon Oct 1 13:29:06 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone,

As always, great to see the conversations on this list.  I have a question of my own ...

I have recently re-designed my website using Adobe Contribute (web editing for dummies?) which is working just fine for my needs at this time, except for one glitch I ran into:

I inserted a sign up box using an HtML snippet.  That worked just fine.  But, when I wanted to remove it, I couldn't.  Adobe confirmed that this is not an option in Contribute as the snippet gets embedded with additional tags and can't simply be deleted out.  That would require Dreamweaver.  My webmaster told me to pick up an old version of Dreamweaver (CS4, CS5 or CS5.5) for a low price so I would be able to remove that section of code when necessary (rather than calling him and asking him to do it, dear soul).

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a free open-source web editor that will satisfy that one need without messing up my site?

2. And/or, does anyone have access to an older version of Dreamweaver I could buy...and hopefully learn to use without too much time lost?

I don't want to make a big investment as I am not a web developer and I may be hiring someone in the next year or so to re-design my website anyway.

By the way, I have already given quite a bit of thought to changing over to WordPress.  At least for now, I am choosing not to do that.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions you might have.

All the best,

Naaz

PS: Some of you may remember my challenge last year regarding the name of my business.  Well, I finally renamed it: Powerful Presence.  I invite you to take a look at my website (below).

Naaz Hosseini, MA, LP

Powerful Presence
Freeing Minds ~ Healing Hearts ~ Empowering Voices
Free Tele-Class: ELEVATE YOUR ELEVATOR SPEECH

Private Practice
Certified Gestalt Therapist
Individuals, Couples, Groups

Email: naaz at naazhosseini.com
Web: naazhosseini.com
Facebook: Naaz Hosseini Voice
Tel: 845.353.1974

HIPAA Notification: This electronic message, including any attachments, contains information that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information contained herein is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee,any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message (including attachments) is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all copies and attachments.  Note to Clients: There are inherent confidentiality risks in communicating by email. While safeguards are taken to ensure your
privacy, you should not use email communication if you are concerned about any breaches of privacy that might inadvertently occur.