[Hidden-tech] Looking for HTML 5 front-end help

Daniel Fried frieddan at gmail.com
Tue May 29 21:31:58 EDT 2012

A friend of my wife's is looking for some help developing an HTML 5
front-end for his business (he has back-end folks already).  I told him I
had this wonderful resource for great people and he asked me to post a
request for help.

If you're interested, know me, and want a reference, please cc me on
don't let not knowing me stop you.

-Dan

I'm building a social TV startup ( http://viewingparty.com/ ) that will
enable people to watch their favorite shows and movies with friends and
meet folks who like similar content.

We're just about ready to start the first round of Alpha tests with users
and I need someone to build the front end interactions we have planned. The
first couple rounds of tests will be mostly with friends and people who've
expressed interest so the color and style elements are not what is
important… the basic interactions we want to test are.

Are you familiar with the avatars on Turntable.fm or other similar light
weight avatars? We want something like this to start. Sure… they'll evolve
but I'm looking for some simple avatars that represent the 7 to 10 users
who will be watching any given video. When the user chats a speech bubble
should appear. This is the gist of V.01.

Once we get this working and in front of users we have other things we want
to test but first things first… can you build this in HTML5 and are you
willing to get going today? Email me bill at viewingparty.com and let's talk.