[Hidden-tech] Truth About Girls and Boys

Caryl Rivers caryl at bu.edu
Tue May 1 13:45:21 EDT 2012

Hi folks. Just a note to say that my book "The truth About Girls and Boys:
Challenging Toxic myths about our children" (Columbia University press) has
won a special citation from the national Education writers assn. (Rosalind
C. Barnett is the co-author.) The book debunks the junk science that claims
that boys and girls brains, hormones etc. are so different that they might
as well be separate species. We've been featured on NPR, Daily Beast, LA
Times, Ms., Ed week and many others. If you know any parents and teachers
who would enjoy the book, please pass the word; its on Amazon. And for a
look at the science, see American Journalism review
http://www.ajr.org/Article.asp?id=5212. We are also looking for places to
give talks, which we do a lot,  so any suggestions appreciated.   Best,
Caryl Rivers (Boston university)

Caryl Rivers
professor journalism,
Boston University