[Hidden-tech] New vs. recycled toner cartridges?

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:48:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

I need to replace the toner cartridge in my laser printer soon. For a
while now, I've been buying the brand name cartridges, because I had
problems with recycled cartridges in the past (the gears skipped, and
it may have done damage to a previous printer)

But now, it's been years since buying recycled and I'd like to
consider it again. I would like feedback from folks as to whether the
quality is better on recycled these days. The lesser impact on the
environment is in alignment with my values, and the lower price is an
incentive, too.

My printer is a Brother HL-2040 (and I adore it!), the cartridge is
the TN 350, and the prices I've gotten so far are:
Ink & Toner Solutions (Northampton) recycled toner cartridge: $45.99
Staples: new, $65.49  (free shipping)
($19.50 difference)

If recycled is recommended, I'd love to hear thoughts on Ink and Toner
Solutions and/or any one else you buy from.

Thanks,
Deb