[Hidden-tech] Fwd: [ewg-l] Fwd: You're invited! Frances Moore Lappé speaks at UMass June 20

Andrew Bellak andrew at stakeholderscapital.com
Wed Jun 6 10:35:13 EDT 2012

cool!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ewg-l] Fwd: You're invited! Frances Moore Lappé speaks at
UMass June 20
Date: 	Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:33:01 -0400
From: 	Michael Ash <mash at econs.umass.edu>
To: 	ewg-l at econs.umass.edu

Michael

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Dutton, Rachel* <rdutton at mail.aux.umass.edu
<mailto:rdutton at mail.aux.umass.edu>>
Date: Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Subject: You're invited! Frances Moore Lappé speaks at UMass June 20
To: conference at umasspermaculture.com
<mailto:conference at umasspermaculture.com>

Dear friends and colleagues,
Please join the UMass Permaculture Initiative in welcoming *Frances
Moore Lappé* to campus to speak about her inspirational new book,
_EcoMind_, and how we can "change the way we think, to create the world
we want." Ms. Lappé will speak on *Wednesday June 20, 2012.* This event
begins at 6pm on the 11th floor of the Campus Center at UMass Amherst.
All are welcome!
_Please *RSVP* today to reserve your seat on our invitation page_:
http://anyvite.com/events/home/hnfrlhouak. Spots are limited!
*About the Event*
Ms. Lappé will be kicking off the Permaculture Your Campus Conference
with this public event. The conference will be held at UMass Amherst
June 20-22, 2012. More information about this conference can be found on
our conference website, www.UMassPermacultureConference.com
<http://www.UMassPermacultureConference.com>. This event is free for all
registered attendees to the conference, and it is open to the public
with suggested donations of $5-20 at the door. No one will be turned
away for lack of funds. All donations will go towards scholarships for
the conference.
*About EcoMind*
Drawing on the latest research from disciplines ranging from
anthropology to neuroscience and her own field experience, Lappé argues
that the biggest challenge to human survival isn't our fossil fuel
dependency, melting glaciers, or other calamities. Rather, she says,
it's our faulty way of thinking about these environmental crises that
robs us of power. Lappé dismantles seven common "thought traps" that
belie what we now know about nature, including our own, and offers
contrasting "thought leaps" that suggest our hidden power.
*About Frances Moore Lappé*
Frances Moore Lappé is the author of 18 books including EcoMind, which
recently won a silver medal from the Independent Publisher Book Awards.
Ms. Lappé is the cofounder of three organizations, including Food First:
The Institute for Food and Development Policy and, more recently, the
Small Planet Institute, a collaborative network for research and popular
education seeking to bring democracy to life, which she leads with her
daughter Anna Lappé.
For more about Frances Moore Lappe, please visit www.SmallPlanet.org
<http://www.SmallPlanet.org>.
Have questions? Email us at Conference at UMassPermaculture.com
<mailto:Conference at UMassPermaculture.com>
Hope to see you there!
Warmly,
The UMass Permaculture Initiative
www.UMassPermaculture.com <http://www.UMassPermaculture.com>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0EybKrViV8

--
Michael Ash, Chair, Department of Economics
Professor of Economics and Public Policy