[Hidden-tech] Add a location to Google maps

Bruce Hooke bghooke at att.net
Tue Jun 12 17:19:07 EDT 2012

To get yourself onto Google Maps, what you want to work through is what's called
Google Places: http://www.google.com/places
For finding latitude and longitude without a handheld GPS to look them up while
actually standing in front of your location, I find Google Earth very useful.
You have to download and install it but then you can zoom in on an aerial
photograph of where you are, find your location using visual landmarks (you do
need to be able to figure out where you are based on looking at aerial
photographs (you can start with an address but to fine tune it you have to look
for landmarks in the photograph). Then hover your mouse cursor over your
location and the latitude and longitude will show up at the bottom of the
window. http://earth.google.com

Bruce