[Hidden-tech] Where can I try out desk chairs?

Peter Jaros peter.a.jaros at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:28:27 EDT 2012

I'm in the market for a new desk chair.  I sit at my desk just about
all day long, and it's taking its toll on my back.  I'm planning to
get a standing desk, but thanks to my knees, I can't trust that I'll
be able to stand all day, so I'm getting an adjustable desk, which
means I still need a chair.

I'm prepared to spend a good deal of money on the right chair; I
figure it'll save me enough money in medical bills anyhow.  But I
don't want to spend a lot of money on a chair it turns out I don't
like.

Right now I've got the Capisco or the Swopper in mind.  Is there any
place around here where I can try them out?  Is there somewhere in
Boston or NYC?  I haven't been able to find a showroom in the US
outside of the west coast.

Thanks,
Peter

--