[Hidden-tech] ecommerce recommendations?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Jul 8 09:37:39 EDT 2012

At Sat, 7 Jul 2012 18:06:42 -0400 Ted Trobaugh <ftrobaugh at gmail.com> wrote:

>    ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

> Hello,
>
> I would like to add the ability to sell CDs and DVDs from my website.  It
> is built with Wordpress.
>
> I know that there are many possibilities, but I do not know where to begin
> examining the options.  What questions should I be asking myself?  I know
> that I will be selling virtually tens of items a year, so going with a
> company that charges a monthly fee is not an option.
>
> I would love to hear your thought about what I should look for and any
> recommendations that anybody has.

Do you need fullfillment for the CDs and DVDs: that is, do you need a
burn-on-demand service or do you already have a supply of CDs and DVDs?

If you need fullfillment, check out TrepStar:

http://www.trepstar.com/default.asp

If you already have the CDs and DVDs, then I'd suggest getting a PayPal
account and installing the Misiek Paypal WordPress plugin and use that
plugin to create Buy Now buttons you can then include in pages or posts
that offer your  CDs and DVDs.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com