[Hidden-tech] G3 desktop system for sale (or possible donation)

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Wed Jan 4 17:46:06 EST 2012

Sell? Not to be rude, but that's around 13 years old (1998). Mac OS X dropped support for it after
10.2.8. It won't run current software, and is possibly one to two orders of magnitude (10 to 100
times) slower than current computers.

"Everymac" lists the estimated current retail value for the G3 as "N/A".

The G4 450 discontinued in 2000 is listed as maybe worth $50 to $150 (last updated August 2011).

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/index-apple-specs-applespec.html

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
    O__  ---- Systems Administrator
   c/ /'_ --- Biology&  Geology Departments
  (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center

<hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu>

Erdös 4