[Hidden-tech] a note about PodCamp on the 25th - and a special thx to Sheldon Snograss

Jon Reed jonreed at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 17 09:55:10 EST 2012

Hey folks -

I wanted to make sure that those on this list were aware of the
upcoming PodCamp Western Mass 4 on February 25. The people who run
this event are a terrific group and I have only heard good things
from those who attend.

Last time I checked, the event was half full already, and it does
tend to sell out, so you'll want to get signed up soon if you have
interest. In classic unconference fashion, the agenda is set by the
participants. I asked the PodCamp organizers to share a few words for
the Hidden-Tech group on the event:

"PodCamp Western Mass 4 is happening on Saturday, Feb. 25 at Holyoke
Community College.

What in the heck is a PodCamp? It's an unconference- a full day of
lively discussion, info-sharing, and plenty of documentation via
smartphone, tablet, or laptop. The agenda is set by the participants.
And in our fourth year, we expect another sell-out crowd of 150
people. PodCamp is also a remarkable value. For only $30, you get the
full day event, lunch, a t-shirt, and a swag bag. There's also an
after-party, at Eighty Jarvis this year.

PodCamp welcomes anyone who is interested in learning more about
social media and networking, from beginners to advanced
practitioners. Attendees include business people, coders, artists,
photographers, educators, musicians, designers, marketers, and entrepreneurs.

For more info or to sign up, the registration page is here:
http://pcwm4.eventbrite.com/

Feel free to share this event with your friends via Facebook,
LinkedIn, Twitter, or smoke signals. The hashtag is #pcwm"

- -

I won't be able to attend this year since I'm out of town, but I look
forward to hearing how it goes and, to be honest, somewhat bitterly
disappointed I won't be there.... I'm hoping in future years
Hidden-Tech can be more involved in this event and getting the word out.

Finally, on a different topic, I want to add a personal note of
thanks to Sheldon Snodgrass for his years of dedication to
Hidden-Tech and the Hidden-Tech board. A number of years ago when
Hidden-Tech was in an important transition, Sheldon wasn't sure if he
could stay on the board due to the many community involvements he
has. We talked/charmed/cajoled him into staying on and he helped us
monumentally with clarifying our mission and taking us forward. More
importantly I'm sure many of you ran into him at Hidden-Tech events
where he always brought an unfathomably high energy level and a
welcoming presence for new members. On a personal level, sales skills
have never come easily to me and I credit Sheldon with much of what I
have learned, sometimes begrudgingly, about selling in the real
world. Which we all have to do, albeit in our own ways. Thanks
Sheldon. Oh, and you'll continue to see Sheldon at Hidden-Tech
events, of that I'm sure, so this is less of a goodbye than a thank you.

Jon Reed,
Founding Board Member, Hidden-Tech