[Hidden-tech] Hiring: Front-end Web Developer

Noah Smith noah.smith at commonmediainc.com
Wed Dec 5 12:19:29 EST 2012

We're hiring! Common Media is looking for a new front-end developer. We're
a web development and consulting shop with a healthy mix of new and ongoing
projects, and our HQ is located in downtown Greenfield MA, in newly
renovated post-industrial space.

Standards-based HTML/CSS and jQuery development experience is necessary.
Drupal theming experience would be a definite plus, as would experience
with implementing responsive templates. We're looking for someone with
genuine enthusiasm for the presentation layer, whether that person is an
up-and-coming junior developer or someone with 5+ years of solid experience.

Primary responsibilities will include:
* Ground-up front-end template implementation for new client projects
* Refinements and new-feature additions to existing client projects

Necessary skills and attributes:
* Ability to write consistent, standards-compliant XHTML and CSS
* Ability to create efficient and maintainable interactive features with
jQuery
* Ability to consider edge cases and thoroughly test your own code
* An earnest interest in writing good code for the sake of writing good code
* Ability (and eagerness) to learn new skills on the job
* Attention to detail and production schedules

Compensation commensurate with experience, plus benefits. Please submit a
resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to jobs at commonmediainc.com.
We do offer a flexible work day and the ability to work from home when
necessary, but this is primarily an on-site position in Greenfield; no
full-time remote applicants, please.

Position to start in January 2013.

--
Noah W. Smith
*Common Media, Inc. *| 30 Olive Street, Suite 1, Greenfield MA 01301 |