[Hidden-tech] TEDxShelburneFalls technical sponsors

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 13:44:12 EDT 2012

So excited to bring a daytime TEDx event to the Hilltowns on Nov. 3!

As I begin my planning and populate my production team, I notice there
are technical services that some international sponsors are offering to
me at http://www.ted.com/pages/tedx_sponsor_marketplace.  Before I
contact any of them, I wanted to see if anyone from the local community
wanted to provide these in-kind services - I'd rather promote our local
talent foremost in my sponsor recognition.

These are the services we would like this year.
Asterisked are services we very much NEED this year.

 1. live webstreaming/simulcast service,*
 2. videotaping local speakers (7-18 minute talks), multi-camera,
    multi-media, with the aim to meet the standards that would qualify
    us for inclusion on the international www.tedx.com library, not just
    the TEDxYouTube channel.*
 3. editing taped speaker talks*
 4. wireless/headset mics* & enhanced sound system (this is at Memorial
    Hall)
 5. local-community fundraising/sponsorship go-getters
 6. video queuing/playback. My house manager knows the ropes but likely
    will be all over the house day-of.
 7. ticketing/free online credit card processing
 8. Website hosting
 9. Joomla or equivalent web designing & maintenance.
10. presentation multi-media development assistance for our speakers
    (power point, video clipping, etc.) I expect 4-8 live speakers.
11. collateral design (signage, program, etc.) & printing
12. T-shirts screen printed for production team.
13. PR
14. building Facebook, etc. and email list communities

If there are other ways you would like to help the effort in-kind that
are not on my shortlist (refreshments, attendee goodie-bag give-aways),
let me know. Of course, cash assistance is always welcome. You will be
unabashedly recognized, within the terms of TEDx's protocols
<http://www.ted.com/pages/view/id/493#sponsors>.

I'll move on some of the guaranteed sponsors at the TED website late
next week for gaps in my available resources, so thanks in advance for
your consideration.

Also, do get in touch if you would like an invite to this event as
seating is limited and initial ticketing is on an invite-only basis.

Have a great weekend and hope to see you at our event!

--
Stacy Kontrabecki, Curator
TEDxShelburneFalls

Inaugural event: Sat.Nov.3.2012