[Hidden-tech] PDF creation problem from Mac

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Fri Apr 20 12:19:40 EDT 2012

I have a 164 page report in MS Word for Mac 2011, compatibility mode. I
keep trying to make a PDF out of it using the standard "save as pdf" and
it does it fine for the first 50 pages, makes a 2nd file for next 16
pages and then a corrupt 3rd file for the balance.

Alternatives I've tried:

1.) I installed CUPS-PDF to the Mac (OSC 10.6.8) and that didn't work
either - no PDF file where they said it would be created.

2.) I have Acrobat 9 Pro but can't open the Word document with it to try
and make a PDF that way.

3.) Tried to just print the last 97 pages to the "save as pdf" but
results in error message about the word file being corrupt.

In case you can just do the save fore me, I have the word file uploaded
to my website but the one person who tried to access it can't download
it. 295 MB. I don't know if that was why.

Thank you.

Stacy