[Hidden-tech] to 180 in Word

Don Lesser dlesser at ptraining.com
Thu Sep 29 09:00:44 EDT 2011

Interestingly, you can rotate 90 and 270 degrees, but not 180. I haven't
looked at the link, but here is how I would do it.

1.       Create the text.

2.       Highlight it and cut it.

3.       Use Paste Special and paste it as a picture.

4.       When you select the picture (in 2007/2010), you'll see circles at
the corners and middle of the picture box. Use these to resize the picture.

5.       You'll also see a Green circle at the top of the picture. This is
the Rotation icon. Drag this to rotate the picture to 180 degrees.

6.       Make sure to place the Picture Wrap as "inline" to move it with the
rest of the text or position it relative to the page to "fix it in place."

7.       You won't be able to edit the text-you'll have to retype it, cut,
paste, and rotate again.

Word Art will place the text in a box, that can be rotated as described
above. You'll have to format the text in Word Art to get a simple 10 or 12
pt font and set the text fill and text outline to approximate simple text.
The Picture option is easier.

Feel free to call or e-mail if you have any other questions.

Don Lesser

Pioneer Training, Inc.

139B Damon Road, Ste 8

Northampton, MA 01060