[Hidden-tech] Time Machine

eac2222 at gmail.com eac2222 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:36:25 EDT 2011

>From the moment I got my latest Mac almost three years ago, Time
>Machine reports weekly failures--although I seem to have between 2
>and 4 copies of most files, several of them on an external drive, so
>I think it's probably just stumbling on a couple of corrupted files..
>I back up to one of the cloud services.

This tells you what is worth trying (something similar happened to me):

1) Make sure you have a current, tested, non-Time Machine backup.

2) Wipe your Time Machine archive.

3) Some evening when you don't need the machine for a while, hook the
drive up to your Mac and tell Time Machine to use that disk to back
up.  Starting fresh should give you a working Time Machine again.

Eric A. Cohen   |   eac2222 at gmail.com