[Hidden-tech] The Latest news from AMTRAK -- Fwd: Wi-Fi® now available on more trains

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Mon Oct 31 10:43:13 EDT 2011

Being a train regular (well my wife is more - 3 trips coast to coast plus lots up and down
the NE corridor)
I got this:
**

        *AmtrakConnect Wi-Fi - the Official Wi-Fi Network of Amtrak*

Delivered free of charge, this basic Wi-Fi service supports general web browsing
activities. Due to limited bandwidth onboard the trains, our Wi-Fi does not support
high-bandwidth actions such as streaming music, streaming video or downloading large
files. This official Wi-Fi network is available in the following locations:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1246044330724
<http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1246044330724>

*Trains*

  * Acela Express
  * Adirondack*
  * Amtrak Cascades
  * Carolinian
  * Coast Starlight - available for Sleeping Car passengers in the Pacific Parlour Car only
  * Downeaster
  * Empire Service
  * Ethan Allen Express
  * Keystone
  * Maple Leaf*
  * New Haven - Springfield Shuttle
  * Northeast Regional
  * Palmetto*
  * Pennsylvanian*
  * Vermonter

* Wi-Fi is available in select cars on this train. Look for the hot spot sticker on the
window for verification.

            Stations

  * Baltimore, MD - Penn Station
  * Boston, MA - South Station - available inside ClubAcela only
  * Lorton, VA
  * New York, NY - Penn Station - available in the gate areas and inside ClubAcela
  * Philadelphia, PA - 30th Street Station - available in the gate areas and inside ClubAcela
  * Providence, RI
  * Sanford, FL
  * Washington, DC - Union Station - available in the gate areas and inside ClubAcela
  * Westwood, MA - Route 128
  * Wilmington, DE - Wilmington Station