[Hidden-tech] Clarification about Palm Centro question re: beaming

Gary Powsner bluemoon at crocker.com
Fri Oct 28 12:08:35 EDT 2011

Okay, thanks to all for the responses. They are much appreciated.

I am sorry that I was incomplete and unclear in my earlier requests. I
wish there was a way to remove my earlier posts and replace them with
this. Anyone know if there is a way to do that?

1. I did receive a Verizon Palm Centro to try and neglected to include
Verizon in my request for a device. Sorry and thank you.

2. a. I am unable to beam to or from it and have no way to tell if the
problem is with my original or the "new" one without a 3rd device with
which to troubleshoot.
    b. Thus I am seeking either
       1) yet another Verizon Palm Centro someone no longer needs OR
       2) someone with ANY beamable device compatible with a Palm (I am
unclear as to whether a Palm can beam ONLY to another Palm) who would
allow me 2 or 3 minutes (at most) with their device to test beaming to and
from the two I now have so I can troubleshoot the source of the problem.
That would enable me to know whether all I need is another replacement or
if I simply won't be able to beam out.

For those for whom the background is of interest:

As I have a significant and increasing amount of data changed since I was
last able to sync I am trying to avoid having to copy all of that over
manually when I reinstall to a replacement device. I have discussed this
with the publisher of the major software I use and they agreed that
beaming should make things much simpler as it would for my other data as
well.

I have tried a warm reset, replacing the battery, a replacement sync cable
and a different computer. I really think it is a hardware issue due to
this happening only after it fell and the way the sync process proceeds
(e.g. when the cable is plugged in it doesn't charge and it does actually
TRY to make a connection but can't link to the computer. I tried the same
thing with the device I got from someone last night and it went past that
sticking point and would have synced if I'd let it. I suspect a connection
got shaken loose or broken. I also suspect it is my original device that
is the problem with the beaming but still trying to find that 3rd device
to test my theory.

Thanks again for the ongoing support.

Gary

-------

Gary Powsner/SolutionFinders, Shaklee Global Ambassador
With Shaklee We're Creating Healthier Lives and
With AirSource You can "Bring Mother Nature Inside and Enjoy Every Breath"

Office 413-665-5011
Cell    413-537-9015
Toll-Free (outside the 413 area code) 877-327-6931
http://www.solutionfinders.myshaklee.com

"Age may affect the physical body but it need not affect the power of
thought."

   - Dr. Forrest C. Shaklee