[Hidden-tech] Any RF experts out there?

Tom Novelli tnovelli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:27:22 EDT 2011

I've used Sprint (CDMA) and AT&T (GSM) within the last few years, and
I've noticed that the GSM phones cause tons of interference with other
electronics, while the CDMA phones caused none.  Also, earlier this
year I read a good technical article comparing GSM and CDMA: bottom
line, CDMA's spread-spectrum technology is more efficient, and it's
noticeably less prone to cutouts and dropped calls.  So regardless of
health effects, that a pretty good reason to use Sprint or Verizon.

My understanding is that all G3/G4/LTE *internet* traffic is sent
using a CDMA-like protocol even on GSM carriers, but they still use
GSM for voice calls.  That should be changing within, oh, the next
decade or two.

-Tom