[Hidden-tech] Mobile App Development

Robert Archer rob at gravityswitch.com
Fri Oct 7 15:43:21 EDT 2011

On Oct 7, 2011, at 2:49 PM, ckiras at comcast.net wrote:

> Is it difficult to download a SDK for iOS and Android and develop an app on our own?

That depends on how much programming experience you have.  And what you want the app to do.  An information App isn't that difficult, and can be done using javascript/HTML and maybe PhoneGap.

> What are people's experiences?

Wildly different depending on what the clients' expectation was.  It is very much a "you get what you pay for: "  You can probably get something for $5000, but for something really polished you could be spending above $100,000.  For example, the port of the Twitter client (twitterific, I think) cost about $250,000, and that was using some existing code.

Sometimes, going with a mobile optimized website is the better bet.

Rob Archer
gravity switch
Nice People.  Award-Winning Process.  Websites Done Right.

p: 413.586.9596
gravityswitch.com