[Hidden-tech] RIP, Steve Jobs

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Thu Oct 6 17:07:28 EDT 2011

Steve Jobs was an inspiration, and his creative energies provided the tools for others to pursue
their own creative energies. There has never been anyone quite like him. Ever since yesterday
evening, I've felt both saddened and lacking in eloquence to convey my thoughts and feelings about
his passing.

Rather than trying, I'd like to pass along some inspiration in Steve's own words -- his 2005
Commencement address at Stanford University. This came to me from Small Dog Electronics, my favorite
independent Apple store.
http://blog.smalldog.com/article/steve-jobs-stanford-commencement-address-05/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
.

I missed meeting Steve Jobs. I actually made a presentation to the CEO and Board of Apple Computer
in 1990. Unfortunately, that was after Steve had been ousted, so the CEO at that time was John
Sculley. It was impressive to meet him, but it had none of the feeling that meeting Steve would have
had. I got more feeling from meeting Guy Kawasaki, and I still have a Mac SE and keyboard that he
touched (I had a booth at a tradeshow in 1988, and he used my Mac to print a picture he had on a
diskette).

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
    O__  ---- Systems Administrator
   c/ /'_ --- Biology&  Geology Departments
  (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center

<hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu>

Erdös 4