[Hidden-tech] elaborate money laundering scheme or legit cross-cultural vacation?

Tom Adams ~ Reelife Productions & Folktography tomadams at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 10:43:36 EST 2011

ok, no further responses needed. got my answer from my good pal
matt...bummer, becasue it seemed like such a nice little human interest
story. ...bastards!

this came from :
http://www.niagarablog.com/oil-rig-email-scam-targetted-at-niagara-falls-business/

it's pretty much verbatim on your e-mail

Elysia
September 13, 2011 at 7:55
am<http://www.niagarablog.com/oil-rig-email-scam-targetted-at-niagara-falls-business/comment-page-1/#comment-140222>

I am a Naturopath in Brisbane, was contacted by the same scam email, asked
to provide health services and had to collect money for my service and for
their asian translator who did not accept credit cards, then transfer
balance back. I smelled a rat and didn’t proceed by a colleague of mine
just lost $8000!
How do these guys make money doing this if they provide their credit card
number? I can’t see how they would fleece money from the victim? Unless the
money cleared, why would you transfer money to them which wasn’t provided
by that company? I would like to know more about the details so I can warn
my colleagues.

The worst thing is the waste of time in quoting as they appear legit until
they start ranting about money transfers after 3 or so emails.

SCAM EMAIL BELOW:

Hello Elysia,

Thanks for your reply and assistance so far in booking the consultations
for us, I am glad to tell you that we have concluded all payments
arrangements and will be making a deposit payment of $2,000 as a part
payment for your services to secure the book. I’m also making all necessary
arrangements to ensure that all members involved enjoy and have a stress
free vacation as some members are Asians and might have problem with
language. So i have been in contact with a linguistics firm in South Korea
whom will provide us with language translator through out our stay.

As soon as i get the response of this email from you, i will send over the
credit card details for the payment. When making the charges, you have to
make the total charges for your deposit as stated above and that of the
translator. When discussing the payment arrangements with my group we
concluded that only your firm will handle the credit card details and the
translator does not have credit card facilities to even make the charges as
he is a private Asian firm. I would have loved to make a bank transfer to
them but as you know we don’t have such facilities here as we are presently
still at work (offshore work in Iraq -oil rig-). This will help most as i
wouldn’t want two parties to handle the details for some reasons, please
confirm that only you will have access to the credit cards when sent.

Once you receive the credit card details, you will have to process $9,000
plus the credit card processing fees for deposit of your services and that
of the translator. Once the full amount has been cleared and deposited into
your business account, you are required to keep the total amount of $2,000
for deposit of your services, then i will request for a business bank
account from the linguistics firm where you will transfer the balance of
$7,000 for them to secure the bookings for the translators.

Once all arrangements are concluded and payments received, I will be in
further contact with more details in regards to the logistics activities
when we are in your country, flight bookings, time and other needed
details. moreover I will need you to send us your following information for
records:

(1) YOUR FULL NAME:
(2) ADDRESS:
(3) PREFERRED PHONE NO:

Note that all taxes that will be attracted in this transaction will be
payed by us, I requires prompt response and expect an expert service during
the checkups.

Kind Regards,

Eric Plamper

--