[Hidden-tech] New Group: Design Venturers Western Mass

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:30:07 EDT 2011

I and a colleague, Cindy Kunz, of Cin Design Studio, have created a
meetup group called Design Venturers Western Mass. Our goal is to
provide networking between all kinds of design entrepreneurs; artists,
architects, interior designers, graphic designers, sculptors,
photographers, and other design professionals and knit together the
design community in the Pioneer Valley. We will be hosting design
networking events, and educational events of interest to the various
fields of design. We are looking for ideas from you as well about what
would be good events to host and projects to collaborate on.

Some ideas are:
• Identifying temporary and permanent spaces where art and design
could be displayed, perhaps in partnership with local architects, and
local realtors, and others (The Floating Museum).
• Guest lecturers, talks and presentations on anything from color
theory, and color forecasting, design trends, typography, and font
design, photoshop workshops, spatial design concepts, architectural
use of color, portfolio preparation, or any other arts related topics
folks would like to see presentations about.
• Focus groups on topics of common interest; photography and
photoshop, graphic design, interior design, CAD, color theory, .etc
(What is neat about Design Venturers WM is that people from differing
fields can feel welcome to drop in and gather and seed fresh ideas
across disciplines).
• Another possibility is to work together to search out and/or develop
possible funding sources for collaborative art projects in Western
Mass.
• Building arts liasons with larger arts cities like New York, Boston,
and possibly others.
In short, there is a lot we can accomplish when we are working for and
with each other to make cool stuff happen. Looking forward to seeing
you at a meetup soon.
You can check us out at http://www.meetup.com/Design-Venturers-Western-Mass/

Cheers,

Lisa